We are looking for volunteers to provide support with caring for and feeding the chickens (5) and watering plants, when necessary, at the Growing Together Westcliff community garden project.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
* Report back on any issues or concerns to project staff
* Undergo initial training in respect of duties
* Liaise with the horticultural support worker to arrange rota days and duties to be undertaken on those days
* Clean out, feed and get to know the chickens
* Water plants (during the growing season) using watering cans and/or a hose
* Participate in regular supervision with the Volunteer Co-ordinator
* Notify staff as soon as possible if you are unable to attend your allocated slot on the rota
* Ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to in line with Trust Links Health and Safety policy
* Participate in volunteer meetings
Gardening | General helping | Practical Skills
Environment | Mental Health | Wildlife and Animals
We are looking for someone to help mostly on weekends and bank holidays, however occasional weekdays may also be needed.