Role Summary: Volunteers are needed for a variety of tasks that will assist and improve members’ quality of life.
Time Commitment: 1-2 hours on a Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday morning/afternoon. One-off sessions on an ad hoc basis are also welcomed.
How this role makes a difference:
Your time and skills will bring enjoyment and diversity to the members of the Centre and will provide them with a variety of activities to undertake and enjoy.
What you’ll be doing in this role.
Various tasks which could include any of the following:
Leading and facilitating group discussions.
Leading and facilitating reminiscence discussions.
Running different activity sessions of your choice in agreement with the Centre Co-Ordinator.
Facilitating reading groups.
Having 1:1 discussions with members
Ensure compliance with covid-19 safety measurements put in place, such as wearing any required PPE, keeping a distance as well as being tested on a weekly basis before you come into the Centre.
Working with the Centre Co-Ordinator to ensure sessions run smoothly.
– Confidently engage with a diverse range of people and enjoy helping others.
-A strong understanding and of issues that affect people in later life.
– Reliability, consistency and dependability.
– Good conversational and listening skills with a clear speaking voice.
– Patience, empathy and a non-judgemental attitude.
– The ability to work independently but also stay within the role’s boundaries – recognising what should and shouldn’t be done and when to seek advice or report concerns.
1-2 hours on a Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday morning/afternoon. One-off sessions on an ad hoc basis are also welcomed.