When you become a Volunteer with Just Ride you will be able to help run the track sessions. Each session is managed by a Session Leader who will guide and support you as a volunteer. Before your first session you will be briefed on how you can participate.
When you agree to help at a session, please try to arrive an hour before the opening time to help get bikes out of the storage containers. The Session Leader will advise you on how to do this safely. Do not attempt to move or lift anything that is too heavy for you.
Once the session begins you can help with
• Meeting and greeting riders and their parents/carers.
• Signing in and collecting monies
• Trackside – adjusting helmets and bicycles correctly and helping with safe transfer of wheelchairs etc. (Please note we do not lift people or wheelchairs to transfer them onto or off bikes. This can be done by carers/parents) (we supply a hoist for carers)
• Riding with users on the wheelchair bikes or tandems or following people around using a two-wheeler.
• Bike maintenance and repairs (there is always tyres to pump up)
You should not do anything you are uncomfortable with and should refer any concerns to the Session Leader as soon as possible.
At the end of a session, you can assist with putting the bikes back into the containers.
General helping | Practical Skills | Sports volunteering
Children | Disability | Fitness and Sport | Mental Health | Older People | Young People
weekly 9am - 1pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday mornings