PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To assist in raising the charity’s profile and promote upcoming events in the local community, through distribution of promotional materials.
To make new connections in the community, providing and collecting any key contact information from potential supporters.
To work closely with staff to ensure that as a team, we can manage expectations of third-party groups who wish to connect or ask for a service.
This role is a community connector role where existing links to community groups can be nurtured or new connections can be made and passed on to staff. Staff will then plan to pursue this connection or not, depending on capacity.
The Volunteer will be required to:
- Undergo the volunteer recruitment process including an informal interview, two references, a DBS check (depending on role) and volunteer agreement
- Undergo the Volunteer Induction and Mandatory Training Session
- Undergo a role specific local induction on the first day of volunteering
- Complete any relevant update training for the role as identified by the Team Manager
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
· Forge new connections in the community while representing Trust Links
· Promote upcoming fundraising events, through business and community notice boards, distributing flyers, posters and letters.
· Work closely with staff and pass on any new contact details so staff can choose if they can action these or not
· Check in with staff regularly so there is no doubling up
· Nurture existing connection with community groups or individuals
· Represent Trust Links in a professional manner and signpost to staff when needed
· Attend and support other volunteers and staff at community events, talks or community groups identified and confirmed by staff.
· Take part in appropriate training and development activities
· Attend and participate in monthly coffee morning meetings
· Notify staff if you are on holiday or cannot attend a meeting
· Ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to in line with Trust Links Health and Safety policy
· Ensure Safeguarding requirements are met in line with Trust Links Safeguarding policy
· Maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Empathy and listening skills
- Commitment to self-development
- Willingness and commitment to undertake further training and development
Advice and information | Fundraising and Finance | Local events
This role would require the volunteer to spend time making connections in their local area and then connecting staff with their new contacts. This is a lone volunteering role for most of the time.
Not suitable for under 18s