PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Events and fundraising volunteering is a very versatile and flexible role and can be suitable for anybody who has a few hours to spare as and when.
This volunteer position offers a great opportunity to gain experience of events, fundraising and community engagement in a local charity for mental health and wellbeing. Volunteers can get involved with many aspects of our fundraising campaigns and local community events.
The Volunteer will be required to:
· Provide practical support at events held at Trust Links sites or external sites as agreed
· Promote Trust Links and its associated projects to the public
· Volunteering for one of the many roles we need to help run our events
· Tasks vary and can be any of the following. Preparing for the event and securing prizes, baking, driving the minibus, helping to set up, packing down, manning a stall, collection tins, kitchen help and many more.
· This is an ad-hoc role suitable for anybody who has a few hours to spare on weekends and weekdays, as and when.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
· Support Trust Links with events such as open days, fundraisers and community events as agreed
· Develop a good knowledge of the services offered by Trust Links and promote Trust Links and its projects to members of the public in a positive way
· Supporting other volunteers and staff in the garden, or in the kitchen, as required, at open days or community events
· Provide support and direction as required, feeding back to staff relevant information relating to members
· Take part in appropriate training and development activities
· Maintain confidentiality
Raise any issues affecting members with appropriate staff member
Fundraising and Finance | Local events | Supporting charities
Civic responsibility and communities | Environment | Mental Health
This is a flexible role and can be taken on ad-hoc once registered as a volunteer with Trust Links.
4 to 6 hour shifts on the day depending on the task, weekends and week days