AIM OF DADS GROUP
Running in conjunction with Better Start Southend, the dads’ group aims to bring local dads together to reduce isolation, get dads and men to talk about mental health and daily challenges, whilst giving them time to spend time with their children in our lovely secure and therapeutic environments.
To support and nurture the group through providing and facilitating a range of positive activities. Provide listening support and guidance for the group.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To facilitate sessions on Saturday mornings for fathers with young children in Southend Better Start area.
To create conversations, offer support, and assist with the planning of activities which will enable a positive and meaningful time with dads and their children in the group.
To liaise with team manager about what resources are needed for the planned activities.
This role would suit somebody who enjoys helping others, who has experience in raising children and the challenges that come with that, somebody who is kind, empathic and has a good sense of humour.
Our volunteer dads will need to focus on the group for the entirety of the time they facilitate the group. For this reason our volunteers will be asked to attend alone, without their children for these sessions.
The Volunteer will be required to:
· Undergo recruitment checks including 2 references and a DBS check
· Facilitate conversations and offer support to participants
· Support the delivery of activities, especially with practical tasks
· Report issues, concerns and successes to project staff
· Work with the team to improve outcomes and wellbeing for project members and the broader community
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
· To work with dads, some of whom may need additional support.
· Support the delivery of a range of positive activities for dads and children in a supportive environment.
· Taking part in appropriate training and development activities
· Notify staff if you are unable to attend your regular session
· Ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to in line with Trust Links Health and Safety policy
· Ensure Safeguarding requirements are met in line with Trust Links Safeguarding policy and escalate concerns about the wellbeing of service users to appropriate staff members
· Maintain confidentiality
· Raise any issues affecting dads or their children with appropriate staff member
· Feedback to staff relevant information relating to progress of the group
Advice and information | General helping | Practical Skills | Supporting people and befriending
Children | Civic responsibility and communities | Families and Parenting | Mental Health