PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To help with the setting up and packing down of the Eco Days activity. This could be an arts and crafts day or a day of walking and foraging, jam making or make do and mend activity.
To offer words of encouragement and be supportive to all who attend the activity.
To take initiative and help with all aspects of the facilitation of the workshop taking guidance from the workshop lead.
You need to be a team player and open to the ideas of others, have a willingness to learn new skillswhile sharing yoursand be prepared to help our staff physically as you set up and pack down each activity.
A healthy level of fitness is needed for this role in order to help with the tasks such as light lifting, setting tables and chairs up, prepping refreshments and unloading /loading car with workshop materials.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
· Helping with the set up and pack down of an Eco Days activity alongside a staff member
· Physically help in the setting up of tables and chairs, equipment or craft supplies needed, carry things back to cars.
· Support the staff with the tasks for the activity
· Help with refreshments
· Support members of the public as they attend the activity
· Notify staff if you are unable to attend your regular session
· Ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to in line with Trust Links Health and Safety policy
· Ensure Safeguarding requirements are met in line with Trust Links Safeguarding policy and escalate concerns about the wellbeing of service users to appropriate staff members
· Maintain confidentiality
· Raise any issues affecting members with appropriate staff member
Volunteers will need
· Excellent communication and people skills
· Interest in making crafts and hand made items, basic cooking skills and love of food, willing to try new activities around sustainability and recycling or upcycling, willing to lend a hand to those who need help.
· Physical fitness, in order to help with setting up and packing down
· Empathy and listening skills
· Commitment to self-development
· Willingness and commitment to undertake further training and development where needed
· Commitment to the role
The Volunteer will be required to:
· Undergo a DBS check , two references , volunteer induction and mandatory training for the role.
· Provide direction and support to members of the community who attend the Eco Days.
· A good level of physical fitness is needed for this role as there will be tasks involving lifting and moving things needed for each activity.
· Support the delivery of activities, especially with practical tasks
· Report issues, concerns and successes to project staff
· Work with project leader to improve outcomes and wellbeing for project members and the broader community
Advice and information | Cooking and Catering | Creativity | Gardening | General helping | Practical Skills | Supporting charities
Arts, Heritage and Entertainment | Children | Disability | Environment | Mental Health | Older People
Location: Southend, Castle Point, Rochford - location can change depending on the activity
Time: Weekdays, Evenings, Weekends
The hours and commitment is negotiable.