PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
· Transport Trust Links event equipment and occasionally members, staff, and volunteers to event locations in the Southend, Rayleigh, Rochford and Thundersley areas.
· Assist with loading/unloading the minibus (some heavier lifting required)
· On the day of the event assist with event preparations and packing away
· Ensure minibus users are safely seated before each journey.
· Report technical problems with the minibus.
· Take part in appropriate training and development activities
· When possible, attend and participate in monthly volunteer coffee meetings
· Give staff reasonable notice if you are unable to attend your volunteer session
· Ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to in line with Trust Links Health and Safety policy
· Ensure Safeguarding requirements are met in line with Trust Links Safeguarding policy and escalate concerns about the wellbeing of service users to appropriate staff members
· Maintain confidentiality
· Raise any issues affecting members with appropriate staff member
Volunteers will need:
· A full and clean Driving License
· Ability to lift weighted items such as gazebo’s, tables, chairs
· To be aged at least 21 and have held a full car license for at least two years.
· Excellent communication and people skills
· Empathy and listening skills
· Willingness and commitment to undertake further training and development
· Commitment to the role
Driving | Local events | Practical Skills
Disability | Environment | Health and Social Care | Mental Health | Substance misuse and Addiction
3 to 4 hours at a time from Monday to Saturday in and around Southend Borough, Rayleigh, Rochford, Thundersley, Canvey, Basildon and occasional full day for longer trips
Not for under 18s
For more information about Trust Links and this role, visit them online.
To apply for this role, visit the Volunteer Essex website to register your interest.
Mid and South Essex Hospitals Foundation