To support the Triple T’s Team Leader in delivering planned activities for children aged 8-12 with a focus on building confidence, improving physical and mental wellbeing and creating a sense of pride in where they live through community projects and initiatives.
- To work as part of a team and help the Team Leader set up the activities at the start of the session and help to clear away at the end.
- To support the Team Leader in helping to create an environment where young people feel safe at all times (whether this is within the club setting or during a club outing).
- To encourage young people to participate in the club activities by getting involved yourself
- To help new children settle into the clubs
- To help promote kindness through own actions showing care and understanding
- To encourage young people to input their own ideas and participate in decisions making.
- To be a positive role model and promote good citizenship within the club setting and outside of the volunteering role
- To help establish pride, confidence and self-worth amongst the young people we work with
- To report/share any concerns around the welfare of a child to the Team Leader
- To attend any Safeguarding training required for this volunteering role
- To attend regular support meetings/one-ones with the Triple T’s Team Leader
- To encourage the young people to participate in decision making, setting goals and identifying new projects they would like to work on.
- Work within an agreed structure set out by the Team Leader and undergo any required training or refresher courses, particularly relating to child protection issues.
- Remain aware of SAVS policies and procedures, particularly around Safeguarding children, personal contact, e-safety etc
Creativity | General helping | Practical Skills | Supporting charities
We deliver our youth clubs in 3 set locations across the city.
Monday- 5:30-7pm Unitarian Meeting House, Grange Gardens SS1 2LL
Tuesday- 5-6:30pm Centre Place Family Centre, Prospect Close, SS1 2JD
Thursday- 5-6:30pm Balmoral Community Centre, Salisbury Avenue, Westcliff-on-Sea, SS0 7AU