PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Greening Southend team is working with residents in Southend, Southchurch, Westcliff, Shoeburyness and Leigh areas to transform communal green spaces.
We are looking for volunteers who would like to become guardians of conservation by taking on a particular community green space that is local to them.
The volunteer will have continued communication with staff, but essentially be proactive in continuing the upkeep of the chosen space.
Volunteering is all year round and in all weather.
You will finish your day with a sense of achievement and will be able to share these spaces with your community around you.
The Volunteer will be required to:
· ·Complete recruitment process and role specific training and induction.
· Keep open communication with the Growing Together staff all year round.
· Agree to volunteer as part of the team and to be respectful and polite to all who attend the session
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
Duties will vary. Here are some examples of the kind of tasks you can expect to get involved in:
· Garden maintenance
· Making raised beds from repurposed wood
· Tree planting
· Vegetable growing
· Basic landscaping
· Ongoing attention to detail as you care for the space and encourage others to help you maintain the space, all year round
· Community building – facilitate volunteer work parties
Gardening | Practical Skills | Supporting charities
Environment | Mental Health | Wildlife and Animals
Days and hours to be agreed - depending on location and space